Best Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Pie is one of those summertime favorite desserts. Its custard type texture is really refreshing on those hot summer days. When we were putting this recipe together and thinking about key lime crust options, we knew that making an almond flour crust would work beautifully.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all crust ingredients in a medium bowl until dough forms.
- Press into a 9” pie dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Keep oven heated at 350 degrees.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a medium bowl, then pour into crust.
- Bake for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool, then chill, slice, and serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.
The sweet and tart flavor of this pie is an amazing combination. The almond flour crust brings in a delightful nutty and sweet taste to the pie. If you decide to top the pie with whipped cream it has an additional layer of creaminess and sweetness which increases the freshness and lightness of this delicious pie.Almond Flour Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Confection Recipes, Pie and Dessert Recipes, Spring Recipes, Summer Recipes